Learning Goals Unit 3
We are learning to….
- Analyze media texts so that we can make informed decisions
- Conduct research using reliable sources
- Communicate information we’ve learned in writing for a specific audience and purpose
- Communicate ideas effectively using visuals for a specific audience and purpose
I will know I am successful when I can…
- Apply specific criteria to explain whether or not a text is reliable (the C.R.A.P. test)
- Identify some good sources for research
- Write in a series of well developed paragraphs with references to research sources
- Create an infographic or poster that is appealing for my audience and easy to understand from a few feet away
- Create a works cited page to accurately indicate the sources I’ve used.
Your conspiracy theory assignments are due today in Google Classroom.
Your conspiracy theory projects are due at the end of the week but you should also be working on your course culminating task this week. We’ll start today by making a list of all the things you need to get done this week and then prioritize tasks for completion today.
We are continuing to work on our conspiracy theory projects in room 215.
Please see Google classroom for what we’re working on today.
Please see Google Classroom for what we’re working on today.
I’m away again today but I promise I’ll be back tomorrow. Because I essentially robbed you of the last minute opportunity to record your presentations, I’m giving you one last chance to get your presentation recorded and submitted before I start docking late marks.
So get those presentations recorded and submitted on Google classroom today, or you’ll start losing marks.
We have an assembly at the end of the period so the assembly day schedule looks like this:
Per 1: 8:10-9:20
Per 2: 9:25-10:30–Assembly
Per 3: 12:20-1:20
Per 4: 1:20-2:25
We are continuing to work on our projects but today we are in 215. These are due Friday.
All right, Ladies and Gentlemen…. time to pick up the pace a bit. Your Unit 2 culminating tasks are due at the end of this week. That means you must have your presentation complete and the recording finished as well. Today I’m going to show you the templates I created for your presentations and how to record your presentation using Vidyard.
Guess what? You’re still working on your projects. However, I’m looking at your reflections from yesterday, and noticing that some of you didn’t really get much accomplished yesterday so I want to sit down with each of you and talk to you about where I think you should be and what I can do to help you.
We are continuing to work on our unit 2 culminating tasks. We’ll start with a daily scrum where you identify to the group what you worked on yesterday, what you’re working on today, and what is standing in your way.
There will be a brief exit card reflection to do before the end of class.