We’re doing an Act 3/4 lecture today.
Reminders for your pitches:
- Do not read your slides. Look at your audience.
- Do not read from your notes. Look at your audience.
- Do not fill your slides with text that’s small and hard to read.
- Use images to reinforce key ideas, but one large image is better than lots of small ones. If you can’t find a good image—don’t use one.
- Don’t use clip art.
- Your slides should reinforce your presentation—they should not replace your presentation.
- Practice. Everyone should know what part of the presentation they are speaking to. Do not decide that during the presentation.
- Don’t fidget, giggle, say “um” or “like” a lot. If you don’t look like you know what you’re talking about, it’s hard to inspire confidence in your audience.