1) Your chapter 11-13 questions are due today.
2) We’re going to start by brainstorming all the different challenges to survival that Katniss faces in The Hunger Games.
3) Then we’ll think of sources of stress that high school students encounter.
4) Then we will think about different resources and tools that can help students “survive” that stress.
5) You will then think about 5-10 objects that you could put in a survival backpack. The items must actually fit in the backpack. Some of them may be more symbolic in nature rather than practical.
6) Next week we will “auction” the backpacks so you need to be prepared to make a strong case for why your backpack is the best.
Today you will have a work period for your literature circle projects.
Please remember this project is due on December 10. Your chapter questions for 11-13 are due tomorrow.
Today we’re going to continue to work on refining our answers to comprehension questions and then you’re going to work on your questions and literature circle project.
I couldn’t post yesterday because of the network issues but here’s what we did:
We took up the chapters 8-10 questions, and I gave you a second chance to finish your synthesis paragraphs. (See The Hunger Games 8-10)
We set a date for the literature circle project of Monday December 10. (Literature Circles Culminating Activities)
Today we’re going to do a lesson on answering questions and then you’re going to work on the chapter questions 11-13 of The Hunger Games (The Hunger Games 11-13) for the first half of class and then switch over to your literature circle projects. You will be using a planner to help you organize your work. This will be worth 20 marks and will be assessed as part of your project. (Literature Circle Culminating Tasks planner)
We will spend the first half of the period today working on your Hunger Games questions. When you’re finished, bring the questions up to me so we can conference about your Literature Circle project.
Today is our final literature circle meeting!
Make it count.
Afterwards, we’re going to continue reading The Hunger Games and you will have some questions to answer.
We’re back in 211 today. Same seats as yesterday please.
Here are the tasks you need to complete:
1) Finish your work for your final literature circle meeting. (We’re going to have our final meeting on Thursday, not Wednesday.
2) If your work is done and in your folder you may finish up your bitstrips comic or
3) Work on your final project for your literature circle meeting.
Today we’re going down to room 211 to blog about our books. The topic is posted.
When you are finished you may:
1) Finish your bitstrips assignment.
2) Work on your Literature Circle role for the final meeting.
3) Work on your culminating task for your literature circle novel.
Today we have our literature circle meeting #4 and after that, you’re going to get started on the culminating task for this unit.
Handouts for today:
Literature Circles Culminating Activities
Today we’re going to have lots of time for silent reading and working on literature circle jobs for tomorrow’s meeting. Remember, if work is not done and in the folder by the end of the period, you will need to see me at lunch tomorrow.
If you did not finish your comic yesterday, it is homework.