Today we will start with 15 minutes of reading time. Don’t forget to log your reading.
Then I will have you add the following “During Reading” strategies to your foldable.
- question, visualize, confirm predictions,
- make connections
- determine important ideas (e.g., take notes, highlight, summarize)
- monitor understanding (e.g., identify confusing parts, self‐correct, re‐read, break text into chunks)
- use context clues to understand vocabulary infer meaning
- question author’s purpose and point of view
- use text features to help understanding
Next, we’ll return to identifying the main idea and 4 supporting details for your infographics, and writing an information paragraph.